It wasn’t too long ago that I wrote an article called “Where Google+ Is Going Wrong”, after a while on Google+ I was struggling to get followers and people interested in joining me on Google+, so I decided to take a different approach and see if that made a difference in my Google+ experience.
First of all, I have to tell you that I am heavily into Social Network sites, and I have been prolific on both Facebook and Twitter over the years. Twitter in particular was fun for a long time, until it just became a news-feed of people talking about themselves. Of course, with Facebook, that is made of of family and friends, and people who do not generally share the same interests as myself.
Google+ looked like something different, and after a bit of research, and studying how Google+ worked, the formula for success in getting friends and having interaction was very simple with these three simple steps;
- Interact with other peoples posts.
- It’s simple to click on +1 and show your appreciation
- A quick comment in the “Add a comment…” box is fun and rewarding.
- Share things you like by clicking the “Share” arrow, people like discovering new things.
- Add people who have similar interests.
- If people +1 a comment or photo, add them to your circles.
- If people comment on your post, reply to them and +1 them and then add them to your circles.
- If people share your posts, add them, because they are interested in what you do!
- Join “Communities” and repeat 1 & 2.
- Google+ has one big advantage over other Social Network sites, “Communities”, search for a subject you like, join the community, and share with people a subject you all have in common.
- Take all you’ve learned from all these steps and re-apply each time you visit Google+ and watch your followers grow.
- Go to step 1 and repeat adnauseum.
Google+ really is that simple to use, and the rewards are that you actually feel as if you are part of one huge, sometimes helpful, sometimes funny, but always relevant community of fellow Social Media fans who genuinely enjoy reading what you post on a day to day basis.
Google+ has everything going for it, it look stunning, is simple to use, has a load of different aspects to it such as Communities and excellent easy to use features. Google+ when used right is a powerful tool that can really help you stay in touch with friends, families and collegues.
Of course, for even more interaction, Google+ is connected directly to Google Hangouts, where you can have video calls with anyone you wish, or you can simply use Hangouts as a messenger service. The possibilities are endless, and the experience is priceless.